Energy & Utilities
The European energy scene is undergoing radical and irreversible changes at an accelerated pace; energy providers’ conventional economic models are being undermined and have to be strongly revised to adapt the new reality.
The sector faces a wide variety of challenges:
- Booming renewable energies, with higher “merit order” rank than conventional
- Shale gas, a revolution in the US natural gas market that directly impact European economics
- Energy transition, leading to increase in energy efficiency
- Intensified competition in deregulated energy markets
- Emergence of new disruptive innovations (energy storage, …), new economic models (Demand Side Management, …), new digital capabilities
Even if current situation is very unbalanced among energy providers, they all have to manage a major strategic turnaround, critical for their future, and to provide clear answers to these new strategic issues.
Against this backdrop, sector players must:
- Optimise energetic assets portfolio in the short, medium and long-term
- Bring a new differentiating value proposal
- Design and implement a digital strategy for infrastructure and Marketing & Sales
- Reach full potential of various business integration synergies (energy distribution, services)
- Maximise innovative efforts and position to anticipate technological trends and breakthroughs (storage, smart, …)
Advancy supports its clients on a long-term basis to enhance their understanding of those stakes and challenges.